CCRCE Media Contact
Chignecto-Central Regional Centre for Education (CCRCE) is home to almost 20,000 students and 2,900 staff at 65 schools, all with great stories to tell.
CCRCE has two main spokespeople: our Regional Executive Director of Education and the Communications Manager.
If have a media inquiry or are interested in learning more about CCRCE's schools and the remarkable students and staff that call them home, please contact:
Any requests to visit a school must be directed to the Communications Manager at 902-897-8911. For reasons of privacy, safety and in respect for class scheduling, we ask media not show up at a school unannounced. All visits to schools must be scheduled with the Communications Manager.
CCRCE at a glance
- CCRCE is home to 67 schools
- There are almost 20,000 students currently enrolled within our schools
- Our region covers a geographic area stretching from the New Brunswick border to the Antigonish County line and from the Northumberland Strait to the Halifax Regional Municipality.
- CCRCE employs approximately 2,700 staff.
- Gary Adams is the Regional Executive Director of Education and is the educational leader of the Chignecto Central Regional Centre for Education. He is the liaison between the Nova Scotia Department of Education and Early Childhood Development and schools, and communities. The Regional Executive Director of Education is accountable to the Nova Scotia Department of Education and Early Childhood Development for the educational performance of students. He is responsible for ensuring all schools and regional offices are operated efficiently, and for ensuring the supervision of all regional employees.
- Communities represented on the Chignecto Central Regional Centre for Education:
- Central Colchester
- Cumberland County
- East Hants
- East Pictou
- Hants North
- New Glasgow
- North Shore
- South Cumberland
- Stellarton/Westville & Area
- Trenton & Area
- West Colchester
- West Pictou
- The current year's operating budget (revenues and expenditures) can be viewed here.