Student Bus Information
Each summer, we carefully plan out bus routes and schedules to reflect the changes that occur from new students starting/moving to a school or our older students who graduate from high school. It’s important to check your child’s school bus information before September because there could be changes to bus routes from year to year. With BusPlanner, it’s easy and quick to check your child’s bus information.
At this time, Bus Planner is only available to families living in Colchester County, Cumberland County and East Hants Municipality. Families in Pictou County with bus-related questions should contact the local bus garage at (902)485-7995.
About Bus Planner
Bus Planner is an online system that will allow schools and families to view busing information for students such as bus eligibility, bus stop locations, and bus pick up /drop off times.
How to Access Bus Planner
- Go to https://studentbussing.ccrce.ca
- Click on Parent Portal
- *NEW* Create an account and access your child’s bus information ongoing with just your email and password.
- Add your child to your account by using your student’s ID and your street number/civic number (Your child’s student ID can be found in PowerSchool or on your child’s report card. If you need help accessing your child’s student ID, please contact your school).
A few things to consider:
- All student information is pulled from PowerSchool. Please verify that your civic address is up-to-date and accurate.
- If you experience an invalid sign-in, please contact your child’s school to check PowerSchool information on the following:
- Date of Birth
- Civic Number
- Student ID
- In order for a student to be eligible for bus transportation, they must live outside the designated walking distance
- Elementary Schools- Students living 1.6 km or less are within walking distance and not eligible for a bus.
- Middle/High Schools- Students living 2.4 km or less are within walking distance and not eligible for a bus
- For additional information on our Transportation Policy, please visit https://www.ednet.ns.ca/docs/schooltransportationpolicyen.pdf
- All student information is pulled from PowerSchool. Please verify your civic address and student date of birth is up-to-date and accurate.
- If you are moving to a new address over the summer months, please update your information in PowerSchool, contact your school or contact our Transportation staff.
For general transportation questions, please contact your nearest bus garage:
• Colchester County: 902-896-5767
• Cumberland County: 902-661-2533
• East Hants County: 902-758-4614
Please note: Bus Planner is currently only available for families in Colchester County, Cumberland County and the Municipality of East Hants. Families in Pictou County with bus-related questions should contact the local bus garage at (902)485-7995.