Student Services - CCRSB Strategic Plan
The Chignecto-Central Regional School Board's commitment to Student Services is captured in the school board's Strategic Plan: Strengthening Our Learning Community. In the plan, the Board Chair states, “… it will require the collective will of the entire CCRSB community to bring this plan to life and achieve the objectives we have set for ourselves. All of our employees, elected members and volunteers have a role to play in this strategic plan.”
The Student Services division plays its role in many ways, including:
- Working with school teams to help them choose research-based interventions.
- Preparing and delivering in-service presentations to educate teachers in ways to increase student learning.
- Training teachers for the GoTo mental health pilot.
- Establishing the Champions of Mental Health Team.
- Participating in the SchoolsPlus interagency approach.
- Focusing on Social and Emotional Learning.
- Introducing a new Behaviour Support Model.
- Working with outside agencies to establish Family Interventionist positions in CCRSB.
- Supporting Restorative Approaches.