Senior Management Team
The tasks and decisions relating to the daily operation of the school system are the responsibility of the Senior Management Team. This leadership team is comprised of the Superintendent; the director from each of the board’s four departments: Financial Services, Education Services, Operational Services and Human Resources Services; and the supervisor from each of our four administrative “families” of schools.
Superintendent of Schools/CEO is the only employee of the elected board. CCRSB Superintendent, Gary Adams, is the educational leader of the school board. He is the liaison between the elected board and schools, and between the elected board and communities. The Superintendent is accountable to the elected school board for the educational performance of students. He is responsible for ensuring all schools and board offices are operated efficiently, and for ensuring the supervision of all board employees.
Education Services provides direct educational supports and services to teachers and administrators in our schools. The department is responsible for developing and delivering programs and related services to students.
- Director of Programs & Services: Stephanie Isenor-Ryan
- System Development Supervisor: Chris Boulter
Operational Services provides student transportation (busing), maintains all schools and school board properties, and coordinates health and safety initiatives and requirements. Director: Herb Steeves
Financial Services provides planned and prudent management of the school board’s financial resources through fiscal planning, budgeting, and financial management. Director: Valerie Gauthier
Human Resources Services provides employment structures, services and support so each employee positively contributes to student learning. Director: Allison MacGrath
Family of Schools supervisors report to the System Development Supervisor:
- Celtic Family - 22 schools located in Pictou County. Family of Schools Supervisor: Ron Turnbull
- Chignecto Family - 19 schools located in Cumberland County. Family of Schools Supervisor: Karla Mitchell-Smith
- Cobequid Family - 19 schools located in the northern, western and eastern parts of Colchester County. Family of Schools Supervisor: Ian MacLeod
- Nova Family - 17 schools located in the southern part of Colchester County and the Municipality of East Hants. Family of Schools Supervisor: Trish MacKinnon