PAANS: Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
(The following is provided for information purposes only and is not intended to be an endorsement by the Chignecto-Central Regional School Board.)
Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
To assist Nova Scotians with disabilities in their pursuit of post-secondary education and training.
Casino Nova Scotia
TD Canada Trust
RBC Financial Group
Partnership for Access Awareness Nova Scotia (PAANS) (A committee of the Nova Scotia League for Equal Opportunities)
Twelve scholarships in the amount of $1,500.00, four in the amount of $2,000.00, two in the amount of $1000.00 are anticipated to be available for the academic year beginning September 2017.
To be considered, scholarship applicants must:
- Be a person with a permanent disability. 'Permanent Disability' means a limitation that restricts the ability of a person to perform the activities necessary to participate in educational activities or in the labour force within the range considered normal. This limitation is expected to remain with the person for life.
- Be a permanent resident of Nova Scotia
- Be entering or continuing studies, at the undergraduate level, in a Canadian post-secondary institution that is recognized by the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada
- Not be involved in the selection process or be a close family member of any scholarship selection committee member.
The applications of candidates meeting the above considerations will be forwarded to the selection committee. Applications are evaluated on a number of factors including:
- Community involvement
- Extra-curricular activities
- Approach to overcoming barriers
- Academic performance
- Educational goals and direction
To be considered, all parts of the scholarship application form must be completed in full and all supporting documentation must be included. All required documentation must be received by MAIL, EMAIL or FAX to the Partnership for Access Awareness - NS (for address, see below) no later than 4:30 pm on Friday, April 7, 2017.
Submission of an application signifies an applicant's agreement to comply with all stated conditions of the award program. This includes permission to include recipient’s name and/or image in press releases and promotional material, as well as permission to release contact information to reputable members of the press.
Application forms are available for download below, or through the Partnership for Access Awareness Nova Scotia website: www.paans.ca, or through your guidance counselor.
Applications can be emailed, mailed, or faxed:
Partnership for Access Awareness Nova Scotia (PAANS)
c/o Nova Scotia League for Equal Opportunities
PO Box 38034, Stn Burnside Dartmouth, NS B3B 1X2
Tel: (902) 455-6942 Fax: (902) 454-4781
Only successful applicants will be notified of the selection results.