CCRSB students to gather at NSCC, Truro Campus, for Regional Heritage Fair
Students from grades 4 to 9, representing schools throughout the Chignecto-Central Regional School Board (CCRSB), will gather at the Truro Campus of the Nova Scotia Community College on May 6 for CCRSB’s Regional Heritage Fair.
Prizes will be awarded for projects displaying particular excellence in a number of subject and presentation areas. Students also have the opportunity to participate in workshops presented by local museums and heritage and cultural groups. This year's presenters include the Colchester Historium, the Nova Scotia Museum of Industry, Gordon Pictou, The NSPE Farm Equipment Museum and the Little White School House Museum.
Outstanding student projects will be selected for participation in the Provincial Heritage Fair at Saint Mary's University on June 2 & 3. Two projects will be chosen to compete in the Young Citizens national video competition sponsored by Canada's History.
The fair welcomes visitors from 12:30 pm, when the costume parade takes place, onward.
Date: Friday, May 6, 2016
Location:Calkin Hall, NSCC, Truro Campus, 36 Arthur Street, Truro
- 8:00-9:00 am Project set-up and final registration.
- 9:00-9:15 am Welcome and instructions.
- 9:15- 10:30 am ‘Block A’ Judging and workshops.
- 10:30 -10:45 am Opening ceremony.
- 10:45 am- 12:00 pm ‘Block B’ Judging and workshops.
- 12:00 - 12:30 pm Lunch
- 12:30 -12:45 pm Costume Parade
- 12:45-2:00 pm Exhibits open. Guest performers onstage.
- 2:00-2:30 pm Awards ceremony.
- 2:30 pm Load out.
For more information, contact:
Debbie Buott-Matheson, Communications Manager
Chignecto-Central Regional School Board