Kids Write 4 Kids Creative Challenge
(The following is provided for information purposes only and is not intended to be an endorsement by the Chignecto-Central Regional School Board.)
Kids Write 4 Kids (KW4K) is excited to launch its fifth annual writing contest on October 1st, 2016. We are seeking students in grades 4 – 8 to share their creative stories. The selected story (or stories) will be published both in print and digitally for the world to read.
To support youth literacy in communities across Canada, Ripple Foundation has committed to donate the annual proceeds from book sales to that year’s winner’s schools. Each school will have the option to sell printed copies of their author’s book in their school for fundraising. As of 2016, KW4K has selected ten winning titles. Each author’s book is available on Apple iBookstore, Amazon Kindle and Kobo. View previous winning titles here.
- To be eligible, authors must be enrolled full-time in an educational institute in Canada
- Authors must be in grades 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8
- Stories must be original and written entirely by the author
- Only one entry per author will be accepted; all subsequent entries will be disqualified
- Only single author stories qualify (no co-authored stories)
- Stories are accepted in English only
- Stories can be fact or fiction, prose or poetry
- Stories will be published in their original format, so please check spelling, etc. prior to submitting
- There are no entry fee and no purchase is necessary
- Suggested word count: 500 – 7,500 words
- The word count includes “a,” “an,” and “the,” but not the words on non-story pages such as the title page or those captions for illustrations or photography
- Invented spelling is accepted
FILE FORMAT AND SUBMISSION
- Story must be typed and submitted as DOC file format
- Optional images including photography can be submitted to accompany the story but must be original images created by the author
- All images must be scanned and submitted in JPEG file format
- Please keep original copies of images. If your story is selected, a representative from Ripple Foundation will contact you to obtain original images
Submission starts on October 1st, 2016 and ends on March 31, 2017.
Only entries submitted on this online form will be considered for publication.