Free Nutrition Field Trips Atlantic Superstore
(The following is provided for information purposes only and is not intended to be an endorsement by the Chignecto-Central Regional School Board.)
Take a Fun, FREE Field Trip at your local Atlantic Superstore®
What is it?
Hands-on nutritional field trip led by the in-store Registered Dietitian through the aisles of your local grocery store
— fun activities and healthy snack included! (Approximately 60 minutes in length)
What do students learn about?
- The benefits of choosing healthy foods
- Guiding Stars® food navigation system
- Canada’s Food Guide and the importance of the four food groups
- Helpful nutritional skills
- Experiential learning is effective and fun
- Aligns with Provincial Health and Physical Education Curriculum
- Encourages activity in your local community
Who is eligible?
- Students in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12
- Groups of 5-30 students
- All non-school youth organizations(including camps, daycares, community and sports groups)