Teen Reader's Choice Award
What is the CCRSB Teen Reader’s Choice Award?
Chignecto-Central Regional School Board’s first student-driven book award, facilitated by CCRSB Library Services. This is the fifth year for the award. Last year, students in grades 7-12 nominated their favourite book, read the top 10 most-nominated titles, and voted for what they considered to be the best book. 851 votes were cast across the board and We Were Liars by E. Lockhart was crowned the winner.
This year, CCRSB Library Services staff carefully chose the Top 10 based on the best critical reviews, readers’ reviews, and the books’ performances on well-respected awards lists. The titles represent a wide range of genres and include some of the best fiction and non-fiction.
Why have a Teen Reader’s Choice Award?
- To expose students to recent, high-quality teen ficition.
- To celebrate reading for pleasure and encourage teens to have conversations about books.
- To continue the success realized through the Hackmatack Children’s Choice Book Award, which targets students in grades 4-6.
When will the Teen Reader’s Choice Award happen?
- March 8 Top 10 titles are revealed.
Students can vote online or in the library. Students can continue to read Top 10 titles until last day of voting (May 16th to 20th).
- May 31 Winning book announced, with Award ceremonies/events in participating CCRSB libraries.
Where will the Teen Reader’s Choice Award take place?
In CCRSB school libraries that serve students in grades 7-12 and here online.
How do Teens Vote?
Visit the Teen Reader's Choice Award website!