Commissionaires Nova Scotia Babysitting Course
(The following is provided for information purposes only and is not intended to be an endorsement by the Chignecto-Central Regional School Board.)
Commissionaires Nova Scotia (CNS) offers a one day babysitting course that provides basic first aid and caregiving skills for youth 11-15 years old. The new Commissionaires Nova Scotia District Office and training site is located at 160 Esplanade in Truro and we will be conducting courses at this new facility.
Participants learn how to provide care to children in a variety of age groups, and how to prevent and respond to emergencies. The course also offers youth the skills to promote themselves as babysitters to prospective families. CNS offers this course at a variety of locations across the province for both individual and group registrations. We can even deliver training at your school or organization! Contact us to discuss special group pricing.
- How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
- How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviours
- Information on children’s developmental stages, and specific strategies for each stage
- How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours
- How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies
- First aid skills
- The business of babysitting
7-8 hours, with flexible scheduling options for group bookings
Minimum 11 years of age (or completion of Grade 5)
Cost*: $60 +tax
*Methods of payment include credit card, cash and cheque. Special group pricing available.
Instructor: Red Cross Youth Leader (criminal record check inc. vulnerable sector search approved)
- Babysitter’s Manual
- Completion Certificate