The Teen Reader’s Choice Award gives students the opportunity to interact and enjoy reading with other students who have the same passion. Each year’s TRCA books are chosen by a committee comprised of CCRCE Library Services staff. The annual list of ten titles is carefully chosen based on the best critical reviews, readers’ reviews, and the books’ performances on well-respected awards lists. The titles for this year represent a wide range of genres and include some of the best fiction published between January 2016 and December 2017.
The 2018 Top 10 books are:
- The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (2018 TRCA Winner)
- Lily and Dunkin by Donna Gephart
- The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline
- The Mystery of Hollow Places by Rebeccas Podos
- The Reader by Traci Chee
- The Serpant King by Jeff Zentner
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
Students are encouraged to read one or more of the Top 10 books and to discuss the book(s) in school and online at http://ccrsbteenchoice.wordpress.com.
Students will be able to vote for their favourite Top 10 book from May 14th to June 1st. The 2018 CCRCE Teen Reader’s Choice Award winning book will be announced on June 12th!
The CCRCE Teen Reader’s Choice Award program celebrates reading for pleasure and encourages students to have conversations about books and reading.
To track the progress of the 2018 CCRCE Teen Reader’s Choice Award, visit http://ccrsbteenchoice.wordpress.com.